How To Understand Your Co-Workers: A More Sophisticated Myers-Briggs® Assessment
Have you been puzzled by how challenging it has been for your teams to get along well with their fellow teammates, or even with other teams? Have you had difficulties communicating effectively with your business partner, to the extent that it has had an affect on your operations?
There is a way to help people communicate and work together much more effectively. In my work with clients, I draw on my experience as a psychotherapist, executive coach, business partners counselor, and MBTI® Master Practitioner to take people through the Myers-Briggs® Step II Assessment. This more sophisticated assessment deepens the lessons you may already be familiar with from the more standard Myers-Briggs® Assessment.
How Co-Workers Improve Team Cooperation With Myers-Briggs® Global Step II
Many of the clients I have worked with over the years have used the standard version or the preferred, more sophisticated version of Myers-Briggs® to better understand their co-workers or business partner, and to be better understood themselves.
Myers-Briggs® "Psychological Personality Type" assessments have helped many clients in various business settings - and business partner arrangements - to understand each others' work styles and preferences. This in turn helps participants improve their communication in all facets of their working relationship.
For me, interpreting the results of a group of co-workers' Myers-Briggs® within individual or workshop settings is like watching light bulbs being turned on. Co-workers or business partners have flashes of insight as they more fully appreciate the differences in how each thinks and processes their experiences. With this new insight, appreciation, and acceptance for each others' unique ways of thinking, understanding grows and misunderstanding fades.
My experience of conducting hundreds of Myers-Briggs® interpretations, and my training as a certified MBTI® Master Practitioner, truly helps individuals across many industries and business settings. Consider learning how your psychological personality type plays out in your working relationships.
You And Your Business Partner Can Improve Communications Through Myers-Briggs®
- Understand your individual psychological needs and be able to better express them to your business partner.
- Discover the preferences of your business partner that often contribute to misunderstanding.
- Be much better understood and accepted by your business partner, co-workers or employees.
- Make wiser decisions together with your business partner by factoring in your individual decision-making preferences so the process goes more smoothly.
- Develop better strategies and agreement on how you approach strategic decision-making.
- Better know and respect each other based on your similarities and your differences.
Benefits Of The Myers-Briggs® Step II With Richard Chandler, MA, LPC
Here is an outline of my process when working with businesses to improve communication and mutual understanding:
- Leadership selects a group to work with me and take the assessments. This is usually either the executive team, a select team within business, or the organization as a whole.
- Participants complete the assessments individually.
- Often the organization chooses to have me meet with each participant individually, to analyze their specific results and help them better understand themselves.
- After individual meetings, the group as a whole meets with me in a workshop format to go through the assessments together and understand them in much more depth, and in turn, understand each other more deeply.
Myers-Briggs® Step II Develops Deeper Understanding Than Standard Myers-Briggs®
Myers-Briggs® Step II divides each indicator on the standard assessment into five deeper categories, providing the participant with an analysis that much more closely fits their lived experience.
Consider Working With A Certified MBTI® Master Practitioner To Improve Communication and Understanding
Consider contacting me to explore how I can help improve communication and deepen understanding within your organization. I am a certified MBTI® Master Practitioner, and have a great deal of experience working with clients across industry and organization size.
I do virtual facilitation of teambuilding workshops utilizing Myers-Briggs® Assessments to improve team cohesiveness and cooperation.
Consider Myers-Briggs® for you and your business partner to improve your relationship and business. Explore business partners counseling, which combines these techniques with additional assessments and consultation to go from a troubled to a thriving business partnership.
Richard Chandler, MA, LPC
Reach out to me, Richard Chandler, MA, LPC, The Business Partners Counselor, to find strategies tailored to your specific situation.